Sunday, August 10, 2014

Reserve Bank of India relaxes takeout financing norms for existing infrastructure loan:

Reserve Bank of India relaxes takeout financing norms for existing infrastructure loan:

RBI relaxed the norms pertaining to takeout financing vide circular dated August 07, 2014 for existing infrastructure loans by lowering the minimum takeout requirement to 25% from 50%.

As per RBI circular dated August 07, 2014 banks may refinance infrastructure loans by way of full or partial take-out financing, even without a pre-determined agreement with other banks / FIs, and fix a longer repayment period, and the same would not be considered as restructuring in the books of the existing as well as taking over lenders, if the following conditions are satisfied:

i. The aggregate exposure of all institutional lenders to such project should be minimum Rs.10.00 billion;
ii. The project should have started commercial operation after achieving Date of Commencement of Commercial Operation (DCCO);
iii. The total repayment period should not exceed 85% of the initial economic life of the project / concession period in the case of PPP projects and should be fixed by taking into account the life cycle of and cash flows from the project
iv. Loans should be ‘standard’ in the books of the existing banks at the time of the refinancing;
v. A minimum 25% of the outstanding loan by value should be taken over by a new set of lenders from the existing financing banks/Financial Institutions; and
vi. The promoters should bring in additional equity, if required, so as to reduce the debt to make the current debt-equity ratio and Debt Service Coverage Ratio (DSCR) of the project loan acceptable to the banks.
vii. The above facility will be available only once during the life of the existing project loans.

For RBI circular please refer the link below http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/notification/PDFs/167AT082014F.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Hi I like Your Blog. Your blog is really informative and helpful for all. Keep updating with newer post on Personal Loan For Tech-Mahindra Employees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get yourself some loans from Cashry website. They are really good at giving services. I have recently borrowed some loans from their participated lenders. Visit their website to know further about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete